Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- You have included a covering letter to the Editor.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- You have included your ORCID number - or will send this to the Editor as soon as it is available.
- You have included a title, abstract and keywords.
- You have included a statement on potential conflicts of interest - or stated that there is no conflict of interest.
- If your submission is a report on empirical research, you have included statements on open data and research ethics
- The list of authors is complete and sufficient. They have all agreed to the submission of this paper to E&SD, and all take full responsibility for its contents.
- If English or Russian is not your first language, have you asked a native speaker (writer) to edit the submission for grammar and idiom?
Thank you for submitting your Contribution for publication. If your article is accepted for publication you will be asked to complet a Copyright Transfer Agreement. We regret that publication cannot proceed without a copy of this Agreement signed by the lead author of behalf of all of the authors. This is a summary of that ageement
i. The author(s) assign to Kazan Federal University, during the full term of copyright and any extensions or renewals, all copyright in and to the article and all rights therein, including but not limited to the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell, distribute and otherwise use the article in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal and in derivative works throughout the world, in all languages and in all media of expression now known or later developed, and to license or permit others to do so.
ii. Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the final article in whole or in part in any medium by the author(s) as permitted by this Agreement requires a citation to Education Self Development and an appropriate credit to Kazan Federal University as the publisher, suitable in form and content as follows: title of article, author, E&SD volume and issue, © Kazan Federal University. Links to the final article on the Journal website are encouraged where appropriate.
B. Retained rights
Notwithstanding the above, the author(s) of, if applicable the author's employer(s) retains all proprietary rights other than copyright, such as patented rights in any process, procedure or article of manufacture described in the article.
C. Permitted uses by the authors
i. Submitted version. Kazan Federal University licenses back the following rights to the author(s) in the version of the article as originally submitted for publication:
- The right to self-archive on the authors' personal website(s), place in a subject matter archive or in the authors' institutions'/employers' institutional repository or archive. This right extends to both intranets and the Internet. The author(s) may not update the submitted version or replace it with the published article. After publication the version posted may contain a legend as follows: This is the pre-peer reviewed version of the following article <full citation> which has been published in final form at <link to final article>.
- The right to transmit, print and share copies with colleagues.
ii. Accepted version. Re-use of the accepted and peer-reviewed (but not final) version of the article shall be by separate agreement with Kazan Federal University.
iii. Final published version. Kazan Federal University hereby licenses back to the author(s) the following rights with respect to the final published version of the article:
- Copies for colleagues. The personal rights of the author(s) only to send or transmit individual copies of the final published version in any format to colleagues upon their specific request provided no fee is charged, ,and further that there is no systematic distribution of the article (for example, posting on a listserve, website or automated delivery).
- Reuse in other publications. The right to use the final article or parts thereof for any publication authored or edited by the author(s) (excluding journal articles) where such reused material constitutes less than half of the total material on such publication. In such case, any modification should be accurately noted.
- Teaching duties. The right to include the article in teaching or training duties at the author(s0 institution/place of employment including in course packs, e-reserves, presentation at professional conferences, in-house training or distance learning. The article may not be used in seminars outside of normal teaching obligations (for example, commercial seminars). Electronic posting of the final version in connection with teaching/training at the author(s)' institution/place of employment is permitted, subject to the implementation of reasonable access control mechanisms such as username and password. Posting the final published version on the open Internet is not permitted.
- Oral presentations. The right to make oral presentations based on the article.
iv. Articles, abstracts, figures, data sets, artwork and selected text (up to 250 words).
- Authors may re-use unmodified abstracts for any non-c0mmercial purpose. For online uses of the abstracts, Kazan Federal University encourages but does not require linking back to the final published version.
- Authors may re-use figures, tables, data sets, artwork and selected text up to 250 words from their article, provided the following conditions are met:
- Full and accurate credit must be given to the article,
- Modifications to the figures, tables and data must be noted; otherwise no changes may be made,
- The re-use may not be made for direct commercial purposes, or for financial consideration to the author(s),
- Nothing herein shall permit dual publication in violation of ethical journal practices
i. If the contribution was written by the author in the course of the author's employment (as a 'work made for hire' in the course of employment), the article is owned by the company/employer who must sign this agreement (in addition to the author's signature) in the space provided below. In such case the company/employer hereby assigned to Kazan Federal University, during the full term of copyright, all copyright in and to the article for the full term of copyright throughout the world as specified in paragraph A above.
ii. In addition to the right specified as retained in paragraph B above and the rights granted back to the author(s) pursuant to paragraph C above, Kazan Federal University hereby grants back, without charge, to such company/employer, its subsidiaries and divisions, the right to make copies of and distribute the final published contribution internally and print format or electronically on the company's internal network. Copies so used my not be resold or distributed externally. However, the company/employer may include information and text from the article as part of an information package included with software or other products or services offered for sale or license or included in patent applications. Posting of the final published article by the institution on a public access website may only be done with Kazan Federal University's written permission, and payment of any applicable fee(s). Also, upon payment of Kazan Federal University's reprint fee, the institution may distribute print copies of the published article externally.
E. Government contracts
In the case of an article prepared under US Government contract or grant, the US Government may reproduce, without charge, all or portions of the article and may authorise others to do so for official US Government purposes only, if the US Government contract or grant so requires.
F. Copyright notice
The author(s) and the company/employer agree that any and all copies of the final published version of the article or any part thereof distributed or posted by them in print or electronic format as permitted herein will include the notice of copyright as stipulated in the Journal and a full citation to Education & Self Development as published by Kazan Federal University.
G. Author's representations
The author represents that the article is the author(s)' original work, all individuals identified as authors actually contributed to the article, and all individuals who contributed are included. If the article was prepared jointly, the author agrees to inform the co-contributors of the terms of this agreement and to obtain their signature to this agreement or their written permission to sign on their behalf. The article is submitted only to Education & Self Development and has not been published before, except for submitted versions as permitted above. (If excerpts from copyrighted works owned by third parties are included, the author(s) will obtain written permission for the copyright owners for all users as set forth in the journal's instructions for contributors, and show credit to the sources in the article.) The author(s) also warrant that the article contains no libellous or unlawful statements, does not infringe upon the rights (including without limitation the copyright, patented to trademark rights) or the privacy of others, or contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury. The author(s) also agree to indemnify Kazan Federal University against all legal costs and/or damages resulting from any breach of these representations.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.